Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Wire brush in the WRONG hands!

"Buerste" wrote in message
I was showing my young nephew how to clean-up some small parts with a
crimped wire cup brush in my drill press. He was just infatuated with the
way rust and crud were replaced with bright shiny metal. I've seen that
look before! After I was confident he wouldn't lose his eyes or
fingerprints I let him discover. A few hours later he presented, with
great pride...my grandmother's cast iron frying pan! It looked newer than
the day it was cast!

You just took years of seasoning off there that will take years to put back
on. Many times, it is best to just leave things the way they are, as you
can seriously lessen their value by cleaning them up.

Steve