Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default alternative to lead flashing

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I'm not impressed that their other main selling point is *scare* -
oooh deadly, nasty lead.

In your water pipes or in your petrol tank it might not be so great,
but on your roof you don't get a right lot of lead poisoning
happening.

Lead does leach into water, it happens most in soft water like rainwater.

I ripped out some lead water pipe from my parents house in the NE of
Scotland which as very soft water and there was no evidence of the inside
being eroded in any way. And it was some 40 years old at the time.

And it is probably true that people who work with lead have more lead in
their systems.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.