Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default [OT] Choosing a SatNav for my Mother in Law

Richard Savage wrote:
I'm hoping to tap into the UK-DIY SatNav knowledge base!

My MIL has expressed a desire/need for a SatNav for her car. This is
good as we had decided to buy one for her this Christmas.

As a Garmin Zumo user I'm not well placed to make an informed choice of
MIL-friendly SatNavs and seek the advice/opinions of the subscribers here.

IMO she needs: UK mapping only, full TTS instructions, full UK postcode
searching and simplicity of operation. Not much really! I'm open to
arguments as to why she may not need TTS etc.

I don't want to rush out and buy a TomTom One without giving the matter
careful consideration. Especially as Misco are offering this:
http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...&sourceid=6567

TIA

Richard

No longer available!