Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default garden decking

dennis@home wrote:
"Geoff Bayes" wrote in message
We're going to have some decking put down in the garden next spring,
but we can't decide between hardwood or a wood/plastic composite. The
latter seems to have advantages and in the showroom looks good, but
we can't find anyone local who has a non-recent installation which
we can look at.
What does this stuff look like when it weathers?
Are there disadvantages to it?
Would I be better off sticking to hardwood?

Any information gratefully received.

What's wrong with softwood?

Good point :-)

I recieve daily Google alerts whenever 'decking' comes up on the web &
subscribe to a USA decking group. The composites are popular in the US, but
a major manufacturer is having to recall loads of stock from the sheds due
to quality problems.

That's the problem AFAIC - its too new over here to have stood any test of
time. You know where you are with wood, hard or soft.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk