Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Locking in Natural Gas Price

On Nov 18, 10:39*pm, frank1492 wrote:
I live in Massachusetts and my natural gas is
supplied by Nstar. I have been given the option to lock in
my gas price for this heating season at $1.2624 per therm.
It is also noted that, as of Nov.6, the gas supply charge
"for the winter" is $1.2424.
* * * *Is this a good idea do you think? I will need to guess
whether gas prices will go up in the NE. I do know that
the NE is expected to be colder than normal this year.
* * * Your ideas would be much appreciated!
* * * Thank you.
* * * * * *Frank

The price they are quoting seems at least 25% higher than what it
could be if they were fair and current, recent price declines in Ng
are not reflected in your price, its printed material? so its maybe a
month old. Wait next offer will be lower or call for a present price.
Google nat gas price charts and compare what you paid in the past to
the charts. I would not lock in at what they offer now call them and
tell us what they offer now. Gasolene here was 4.50 today its 2.11.