Posted to rec.woodworking
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default What Wood is This? Part 2

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article ,
says...
KIMOSABE wrote:
Don't rule out Afromosia.
===============================

======================
Check out afromosia:
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/person...afrormosia.htm

Thanks you and the other guy who suggested afrormosia.
I would guess it's something else since it came from South America and
all sources point to afrormosia being African, bit you never know.

On a side note,
I read some commentary on that site in which the author complains that
digital pics show too much red in their photos, making it difficult to tell
what color a wood sample really is.

I'm having the opposite problem, my camera won't show how much red there
really is in this wood.

The light seems very yellow or maybe green.

I'm a half-assed photographer but, shooting it on a matte, dark, neutral
background in diffuse daylight or using a diffused flash might answer
all needs.

I said this without looking at the other pic.

The blowout on the upper right and shadowed edge of the board suggests
backlighting. A window?

If it's a window, you might try the suggestions above from the other
side, using the window as your light source.