Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default alternative to lead flashing

In article
,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone used this :-

http://www.monier.co.uk/index.php?id=532&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=873&cHash=486717f2c0

http://tinyurl.com/6yvg4h

I'm assuming it's different to the self-adhesive bitchumen flashband,
e.g. tougher, better adhesion etc, and the diagrams do show it cut
into the brickwork. As long as it has some give to dress it into
profiled tiles.
I'm wondering if this could be an alternative to lead when I do my
extension roof, since
lead is so expensive now.

The price of scrap lead has collapsed, so I'd expect that to filter
through to new in time.

I love working with lead but haven't tried 'your' stuff. The page you give
puts me off - looks like it was written by dribble. Lead isn't dangerous
to work with or toxic in sheet form - assuming you follow the most basic
of rules. Nor can I imagine any adhesive lasting for the sort of times
that lead does.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.