Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor Peter Taylor is offline

Default Grouting rough unglazed tiles

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
Peter Taylor wrote:

Is there a trick I need to know about to keep the tiles clean?

After grouting "gres" tiles which are unglazed and have a "broken" edge
started to send me insane - I was spending more time cleaning than
grouting - I got a mortar gun and used that to apply the grout to the
gaps. Much easier than a squegee or sponge.

Great idea, thanks! I went to the tile place to see what they had and they
looked at me as if I was mad (Not far out actually). But on the old
internet I found a better idea of using a grout bag, like an icing bag.
Amazon sell them.

Here are the tiles she selected:
http://www.ionicstone.com/product.ph...&product_id=13
They told me not to bother about the holes in the tiles, just fill them with
grout using a squeegee. I reckon it will look terrible, what do you think?