Posted to alt.home.repair
Sharp Dressed Man[_2_] Sharp Dressed Man[_2_] is offline

Default 5 yrs on washer hoses?

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

My Maytag manual says to replace washer water hoses
every five years. I presume they are talking about
those all rubber hoses.

Does this five year replacement plan also apply
to my (expensive) stainless steel mesh reinforced hoses?

Many thanks,
-T

$20-$25 for new set of hoses, thousands to replace the water damage if
they
let go. Your call....

Well, potentially if it can flood a finished area. If the washer is say
in an unfinished basement, the potential damages may be less than the
cost of the hoses.

Petey and momma go away for a romantic weekend in the mountains; washing
machine hot water inlet hose lets go Friday night at 745 PM. Unattended and
undiscovered, water level rises and rises and rises until it reaches
electrical switch in washer (or other basement tool/appliance) causing
short/spark which starts big fire. Local fire department responds at 3:53 AM
but unable to contain fire that burns house down.

Sure hope y'all enjoyed the percale sheets, Champaign and strawberries;-)