Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Locking in Natural Gas Price

"frank1492" wrote in message
I live in Massachusetts and my natural gas is
supplied by Nstar. I have been given the option to lock in
my gas price for this heating season at $1.2624 per therm.
It is also noted that, as of Nov.6, the gas supply charge
"for the winter" is $1.2424.
Is this a good idea do you think? I will need to guess
whether gas prices will go up in the NE. I do know that
the NE is expected to be colder than normal this year.
Your ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you.
Frank

What exactly does "for the winter" mean? It there a normal seasonal
summer/winter difference with fluctuations? If so, I'd say it is close
enough to the lock in rate that it will most likely be higher in January so
locking is a good deal. It is not so high that you'd suffer great loss if
it did not change. You'd have peace of mind and if it went to $1.60 you'd
have tears of joy.