Posted to alt.home.repair
Forrest Forrest is offline

Default Locking in Natural Gas Price

"frank1492" wrote in message
I live in Massachusetts and my natural gas is
supplied by Nstar. I have been given the option to lock in
my gas price for this heating season at $1.2624 per therm.
It is also noted that, as of Nov.6, the gas supply charge
"for the winter" is $1.2424.
Is this a good idea do you think? I will need to guess
whether gas prices will go up in the NE. I do know that
the NE is expected to be colder than normal this year.
Your ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you.
Frank

The way I see it, it's like putting money on a commodity in the stock
market. You can go short (bet that it will drop) and you can go long
(betting that it will go up. I've been watching the price of Natural gas. It
was more than double what it is now just a short time ago. It's been
hovering around $6.50 to $7.50 per unit that they use, for a long time even
though oil was dropping. I think the down side of it is here now and that it
will rise in price in the near term future. I would try to lock in a price
around what you have now. Either that or just put your gas money on a
roulette wheel and take red or black :')