Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default how to redonate an old computer to a kid

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:50:45 -0000, "Peter Hucker" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:44:21 -0000, Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:22:28 -0800 (PST), torque63
put finger to keyboard and composed:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4559633_redo...puter-kid.html

Kids, whether rich or poor, want the latest and greatest. They will
not be satisfied with someone's hand-me-downs.

You may have to "redonate" your old computer a hundred times before
you find a kid that's grateful enough to take it, and unashamed to use
it.

A lot of poor people are poor because they spend like rich people.
Here in this country, most "Aussie battlers" are self made.

/end of rant

I've sent old ones to Africa.

Foreign aid to Africa is a case of poor people in rich countries
giving money to rich people in poor countries. I've donated a lot of
money to World Vision in the past, but never again. Africa is in a
state of perpetual war, aid projects go to ruin after the volunteers
leave, food convoys are hijacked and the produce sold on the black
market, corrupt officials pocket aid money for themselves, etc, etc.
Rampant HIV/AIDS will kill most of the population by the end of the
next decade.

Better keep your old computer and set it up as a print server, or
paperless fax machine, or audio/video jukebox, or dedicated standalone
word processor.

- Franc Zabkar