Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Shopmade grinder with winch.

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in
:

On 2008-11-18, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
snip----

Sort of like the Dodge trucks called "Ram Tough" with images of
two mountain rams crashing into each other. The original appearance
of the word "Ram" in the Dodge line of automobiles was in the days
of "muscle cars" (too large an engine with too much horsepower
marketed to people too young to have common sense).

It's entirely possible that Dodge capitalized on the words as you
suggest, but they used the ram as their logo long before then. My
father owned a '36 Dodge four door sedan that had the ram as a
"radiator" ornament (which really mounted between the two hood
sections, not on the radiator. I have no idea when they started
using the ram, but it has been around for a long time.

Interesting. I had not realized that they went back that far.
But then, when that car was new, I was about minus five years old. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

The Ram logo may go nearly as far back as the Mack Bulldog - ie. to WW1
or shortly thereafter.

The Rolls Royce "Flying Lady" predates WW1 while the Benz "Mercedes" line
only dates to the mid-30s. (The line was named after the Daimler
Chairman's Daughter.)

Perhaps you're thinking of the pentagonal Chrysler Company logo that was
introduced in late 1955 when they announced "The Forward Look" as they
debuted their '57 model as a '56 and stole a march on the rest of the US
auto industry. [The '57s were to have been the last dual headlight models
with the '58s to be the first quad-light models. Chrysler built their
'58s as '57s and stole a march on Ford by being the first to offer a
push-button automatic tranny.]