Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR15 evaluation

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:44:51
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:28:52 -0500, Wes wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

A bone-fide seller would have a bill of sale with serial number, and
this can be checked with the dealer that sold it.

I'm not tuned into gun-buying, but that seems not entirely right -- I
could see a perfectly legitimate sale of a used gun happening without a
bill of sale being exchanged. Maybe not _smart_, but _legitimate_.

You're right, a legit owner might not have a bill of sale. I'd be wary
of buying from such a seller.

I have many firearms that I don't have the sales receipts for. After 5 - 30 years or so,
that stuff gets lost.

Wes

Most person to person sales have no receipt in the first place,
particularly those made before 1994

You want a bill-of-sale, wait while I make one out. Or if you're
going to ask for one, let me know and I'll dig it out. (Read that as
"write one up".)

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich