Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Ceramic kitchen knives

On Nov 17, 7:22 pm, Ignoramus6517
wrote:

just mostly out of curiosity. Has anyone tried them. Thanks

Hi Iggy,

I had one and I do a lot of cooking. A friend brought it back from
Japan as a gift for me. It was sharp but it did not slice things like
tomatoes as well as my steel knives. I must say I keep my knives razor
sharp and a bare 20-degree edge. I don't think the ceramic knives can
get that fine an angle without the risk of chipping.

I used it for about 5 weeks and finally went back to steel. I have a
knife made in Brazil and labeled "Surgical Stainless" It holds an edge
for many weeks and I regularly hack through chicken wings cutting up
raw wings for my cat. I use it like a cleaver and it is amazing.

I didn't look at the ebay one but if it is within your disposable
budget then get and try it. I was also given a ceramic blade potato
peeler and that rests untouched after a few weeks trial.