Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default double switch for outside lights

wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

snipped
Ideally the indicator would be connected to the switched live side of

the
switches and a neutral, but it can also be connected across the switch

live
feeds on a single pole system and it will still glow when either light

is
switched on.

You could, but it then would be off when both lights were on. I've
seen neons connected switched live to earth before - somehow I doubt
its regs compliant these days, if it ever was.

NT

I was thinking of just a glow if one light was left on. Connected across
the live feeds to both switches on the 2 gang. If either switch goes on and
the indicator finds a path to neutral, it glows and indicates that one light
has been left on.