Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Modifying CH pipework on combi boiler system

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:53:22 -0000, "Heliotrope Smith"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:33:02 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
If it's a sealed system their should be no water feed to it anyway.

The
filling loop should be disconnected after use.

I've seen this mentioned a few places but never seen an explanation

as
to why it need be removed . It was connected on my Alpha when it came
out of the box and has styed in situ ever since .The fitter made no
mention of removing it ....not sure what the manual says ( must look)
but surely if the taps in the loop are in the off position thats good
enough . Seems more convenient to have it connected rather than
faffing about anytime u need to topup ..even if it is a rare

occasion.
Anyone know?

I'd say it's just to prevent the mains water being left on.

If a tap is left on a little, the system could continue to fill without
being noticed. If you get the habit of disconnecting the fill loop

after
topping up, you notice quicker that a tap has been left on, at either end

of
the fill loop.

So it's advice for idiots then .That's what I suspected . :-)

Not advice for idiots but water regulations. When disconnected it is not
possible for contaminated water to backflow into mains water system.

This will be shown in the installation instructions.

Oh Yeah....Regulations....regulations...regulations. You always keep
to rules do you :-)
This damn Country is overrun with regulations and this is one that I
am going to continue to ignore .