Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Wall chasing and replastering - any tips?

wrote in message ...
On 17 Nov,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

The trick I mentioned in the other thread about plastering over
back boxes is actually what I do with all back boxes when I'm
skimming (with the wires tucked in behind). I get a much nicer
finish if I'm not worrying abour stearing the trowel past wires
and avoiding filling backboxes with plaster. I then cut out the
plaster and the card when it's half set (except those boxes I'm
leaving plastered over). It's often occurred to me that someone
should make a piece of semi-flexible plastic for this purpose.

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere.

Maplins used to sell something like this. They stopped selling it years ago
(at least 10)

Adam