Herman Family

Default Mortise & Tenon help

I cheat. I use a router with a 1/4 inch straight bit to cut the mortises if
it isn't going to be visible. It gives rounded edges, but I can square
them, use them for added tightness, or make a rounded tennon. I can use the
same to make the tennons, or move to a larger diameter bit. It takes a good
router fence, but no great skill.

Michael
"mttt" wrote in message

"Mike W." wrote in message
that it uses Mortise and Tenon jointery. I can make the tenon with a

I just finished a similar project and considered myself too inexperienced

tackle M&T in addition to the other things on the project. I went the
"loose tenon" route. Specifically, I used BEADlock, as mentioned here

many
times, but there are other ways to get there.

Someday, I'll sneak up on real M&T's.
Benchtop 12" Delta drill press cost me $100 - was a refurb model from
www.toolking.com. The model will take a morticing attachment. But having

decent drill press makes so many other projects easier.