Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default plastic plumbing vs copper - a moan.

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"tonyjeffs" wrote in message
Aarrgh - need a break - I'm plumbing a new kitchen.

Lots of people say how good the plastic pipe is, and it is used on a
lot of newbuild, so I thought I'd try it.
But I hate it. It curls up on itself, you can't put a bend in it,
the joints are huge,

What joints?
If you use plastic you don't need many joints.
On a new build you would put in a manifold and run a pipe to each
outlet with no joints at all.

You can do that with copper using microbore.

I wouldn't run mains water through 10 m of microbore if I were you.
I certainly wouldn't run gravity fed hot water through 10 m of micro.

That depends on if you are in a hard water area or not.

No it depends on if you want some water to flow at the far end.

You don't know much about this stuff do you? 10mm is more than adequate
to supply a basin, even under gravity.

You don't have a bath or a shower or a garden tap or anything useful?

As it is usually all one length of pipe with no elbows there is invariable
less resistance. In fact 6mm is all you need in most cases using mains
pressure. The smaller the pipe the less dead-leg pipe. In soft water
areas smaller pipes sizes supplying sinks and basins is highly desirable.
It is seen on the Continent a lot.