Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Shergold[_2_] Michael Shergold[_2_] is offline

Default Dishwasher top wand not spinning

"RW" wrote in message

"Michael Shergold" wrote in message

"RW" wrote in message
Ok, given that the collective knowledge on this NG seems fairly good I
wonder if anyone can advise why the top "wand" that distributes the
water to the top wire basket does not spin anymore.

Filters clean.
Plenty of H2O around.
Free spins by hand
No leaks up the tube at the rear of the machine connecting the bottom
wand to the top etc.

Pump failing ?

Ours was snagging on (under) the top rack when loaded with water(it span
freely without water). I added a piece of plastic sleeve to the wire
frame on which it was mounted slightly tilting/levelling it so that it
could not snag.. It's worked with this fix for a couple of years now.
It's a Bosch!
Michael

Hmmmmm.

Although I can't see it snagging it's hard to watch as the door needs to
be closed etc.

It does stay in relatively the same place wherever I put it manually
though, so perhaps it just isn't getting enough flow to turn it in some
positions.

I identified mine by noticing that the arm was always stopped in the same
place after opening the door even though it always had turned if I had
pre-placed it at another position. When I poured water in it tilted under
the weight and hit the rack.. The bearing thing is held by the wire frame
which I guess could be easily bent but my quickfix with a bit of plastic
tube around the wire has now been there for a long time.
Michael