Larry Jaques

Default Why wood prices are going up

On 19 Sep 2003 18:19:21 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
pixelated:

Mike in Mystic responds:

After 9/11 you can't have expected us to sit by and reduce spending.

Oh, ****! You can NOT be serious, Mike.

Yeah, you could. He could have spent the money protecting the U.S.

(big sigh...)

Very shortly now, we're going to have a death count from the
Little Shrubbery War which is higher than the WTC attack. The
sad fact is that VERY little has been done to actually PROTECT
us because there is no way TO protect a free society. One
person can break into an armory (explosives cache, etc.) and
find enough boom booms to level half a city, then be halfway
across the country before it was found out. One errant soldier
could do even worse damage. What if that tank in LoCal a couple
years ago was fully armed and he wanted to do damage? He could
have leveled several city blocks before a rocket took him out.

Look how long it took to stop a simple sniper last year!

No, we're throwing away billions on false wars and false defenses
and it's making me sick. The terrorist are gettig their way. We
are no longer an entirely free nation and we're tossing more and
more of our freedoms and rights away with each new bill through
congress. As a country, we let fear stop us from living and moving
about. It's absolutely assinine. Wake UP, boys & girls.

I'm voting ANYBODY BUT BUSH at the next election. I hope we have
someone actually -worth- a vote by then, but I'm not holding my
breath.

Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!
http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design