Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Problem with AKAI AC510 stereo

"Jean-Marc Delaplace" wrote in message
Hi,
my set has a curious behavior: when the antenna signal lowers, the sound
is chopped at the pace of the music, i.e. when the music is smooth, the
sound is ok, but when the music has attacks, the sound cuts a fraction of
a second a each attack. I suspect some electrolytic capacitor to be dry,
but which one? Does anyone have the schematic of this set?
Thanks in advance.
Jean-Marc

Have you tried forcing the tuner to 'mono' mode to see if the problem still
occurs ? It might be just that you are seeing 'normal' behaviour from the
stereo decoder circuitry, when the signal is marginal. If the tuner section
is of the older more traditional design, then if it is happening in stereo
mode only, you might want to try adjusting either of pilot tone PLL pot or
the discriminator coil.

Arfa