Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cable derating

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The value of 'feedback' to earth is such that many SMPS can be used on one
RCD - far more than likely in a domestic environment. The effect is
additive. You might well have problems in an office, though, with lots of
them.

Indeed, I think the amount of leakage from such things is often
overstated. I must have at least a dozen SMPS in this room alone, and
there are two other socket circuits on the RCD that serves this circuit
as well. In addition I can still stick at least another 15mA leakage
into the thing with my RCD tester and not trip it. (under test it trips
in 26ms at 30mA leakage)

--
Cheers,

John.