Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6517 Ignoramus6517 is offline

Default Ceramic kitchen knives

On 2008-11-18, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6517 wrote:

I would like to try buying a ceramic kitchen knife like this

ebay 310099844249

just mostly out of curiosity. Has anyone tried them. Thanks

Haven't tried them personally. They're supposed to be very sharp and
stay sharp, but they are of course relatively brittle, so unlike a
conventional steel knife you can break it fairly easily. I believe the
infamous Harbor Freight carries one or two models.

Everything that is from HF and has sharp edges, does not stay sharp
for long. I like their stuff that is welded, forged, but not sharp
edged or motor powered.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/