Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

Leon Fisk wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:46:41 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I still use the B&k 820 capacitance meter with the LED display. Each
generation after that lost more and more ranges.

I have that same meter, good piece of test equipment. It is
the same vintage as the 2810 VOM. The carry cases are one in
the same, both take 4 "C" cell batteries, same
charger/wall-wart, they look very similar too.

Those two items, especially the VOM, helped to
troubleshoot/repair a lot of radio equipment for me.

I recieved my Fluke 117 today. Much nicer than the model 12. Frequency to 9999hz, 0.1
mv, back lighting, current (ac / dc) and a non contact voltage check ability.

Took the 12 home with the broken case, used some JB putty (non steel reinforced to seal up
the case), I'll leave it in the car with my ODBII scanner that has been surviving summer
and winter in northern michigan just fine.

Wes