Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Can't View TV Program When Recording With VCR

William Sommerwerck wrote:

The subject line reads: "Can't View TV Program When Recording With VCR".
The modulator isn't needed for this. The tuner in the VCR and the tuner
in the TV receive the same antenna or cable signal, and can receive any channel.

Ah, the OP said he had digital cable (and I assume a digital STB). So, the
TV tuner (his TV was old) *can't* receive any channel. Neither can the VCR.

Okay, but then how was he able to make recordings?

Don't ask me. I couldn't get him to tell me to what the *input* of his
DVD/VCR was connected. I'll assume it was modulated, and the DVD/VCR was
tuned to the same channel as the modulator output. But anything is possible,
considering he didn't realize his TV even had A/V inputs. Sigh...