Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Bush Bailout

"RB" wrote in message

ed, if I said "The sky is blue" you'd argue with me.

But you never do, RB. Usually, you say the sky is red, which it rarely is.
d8-)

It should be very obvious to all but the dimmest intellects that the $700
Blank Check bailout was pure idiocy. The treasury has practically admitted
it.

It will be years before anyone can analyze what effect it's had, and will
have. There was near universal agreement that *something* had to be done,
and done fast. And that it had to be big, really big. Conservative and
liberal economists nearly all agreed on those points. There is some movement
now in the credit markets, though not nearly enough. And the banks
themselves are making some moves to re-negotiate home loans in an attempt to
slow down the hemorrhaging.

Whether it was handled well is another question. The current consensus is
that it wasn't. But there is no current consensus about what should have
been done otherwise. Everyone has an opinion, and they all seem to
contradict each other.

--
Ed Huntress