Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hard gloss surface

In article
,
GMM wrote:
B&Q do plain high gloss white doors for kitchen units - made out of
the usual MDF. The finish is superb. Could you cut one of these to
suit - and perhaps use something else as a backing for added strength?

Well, I had that same thought - in fact I bought a door and side panel
for this very job, so there wouldn't be any problem with colour
matching. I must admit I'd rather thought the finish would be too
fragile - maybe I should try bashing it a bit to see if it might be
robust enough......

Any high gloss paint finish won't be that robust.

You say it must be white - but is everything white? If you're doing a wood
floor using real wood rather than laminate you could use that for the
worktop - that's what I've done in my bathroom for the same as you and it
looks stunning.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.