Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson Peter Johnson is offline

Default Shower hot water pressure loss

I have a Mira 88 shower which draws hot water from the main hw tank.
It has worked satisfactorily for several years until this morning,
when the only way I could get hot water out of it was by removing the
shower head and lowering it, which is ok for washing my feet but no
good for anything else. Doing this I can get a good flow of hot water
but it stops as soon as I put the shower head back on its bracket. I
have checked the hose and the shower head and they seem to be ok.
It seems to me that there is a reduction in pressure on the hot water
but I can't work out why. Any ideas? (The hw tank is on the first
floor, the same as the shower, so the rise is just a few feet into the
roof space.)
TIA