Default Virus Alert

"Scratch Ankle Wood" wrote in message
s.com...
The other day I had one of my people stuck with a 2 1/2 download time for
email on her computer because of viruses (the first wave) that had come in
starting about Labor Day. All from one Road Runner Indianapolis account.
Her ISP's response when called was to say it was just spam and he could
change there email address to solve it. Interesting response I thought.
Wonder why his business isn't flourishing. Actually, he better than the
other local providers and none are doing well. Anyway, one email to abuse
at Road Runner solved the problem.

The numerous emails I'm getting don't appear to be from any
real source. When asked about putting virus filtering software
on their mail servers, my ISP (Patriot Media in NJ) actually
said "no one is using that kind of thing or else there wouldn't
be all the viruses spreading around the world." Needless to
say I was shocked by this logic.

Dennis Vogel