Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Tuning Makita LS1013 Miter Saw - problems

On Nov 16, 9:28*pm, "DanG" wrote:
If you had the fence off the saw all by itself, it sounds as if it
would not be straight, hence, slightly bent. *I assume that it is
a one piece aluminum casting like my DeWalt. *Would it be possible
to bend the piece back to straight.? *Lock one end in a vise or
similar. *I think I would try to bend it cold, but a bit of torch
work would make it yield easier.

WHOA!!! Buddy...back away from that bench...come-ON!! I WANT TO SEE
YOUR HANDS!!

*Keep checking with a
straightedge. *If the bolt holes are still off, you might need to
ease them to a larger size.

I own that saw. There is something else going on here. Maybe the pawl
that locks into a notch has bent... but that fence should never be
that far off that you can't adjust it...

Approach with beaucoup caution.