Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Shopmade grinder with winch.

Ignoramus5437 wrote:

I have a interesting project for this winter. I'll post some pictures at
r.c.m for people to see, but it will probably have to wait a few weeks.
I've gone back to using a film camera for most things as I got annoyed
with digital cameras breaking, losing my pictures and their batteries
going flat.

I would say, buy a better digital camera.

A better digital camera will mean that those things don't happen so
soon, but they'll still happen in a relevant period of time. You'd be
lucky if a good digital camera lasted you more than 5 years. But pick
the right film camera and it'll last you a lifetime.

It's a personal thing. I like the idea that I've got a camera that I can
always get fixed. Also, I find that because film isn't free, the quality
of the pictures I get is actually better.

Best wishes,

Chris