Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson[_2_] Stephen Dawson[_2_] is offline

Default Here's a poser for ya'

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
et...
BigWallop wrote:

A caravan site needs 36 mains electricity hook up points
How would I go about this installation?

Figure 7 and the "Special Locations" section of this probably fall into
the grannies+eggs category

http://www2.theiet.org/Publish/WireR..._adverts.pd f

Note 7: is worth looking at for this, but I need to know more. That's
the
safety side of the earthing provision, which is also what I need to know
more about for an installation like the one described above. An open

field
with electrical hook up points spread across it. There is also to be, I
have just found out, near by water supply points to each of these

positions.
How can this be done safely?

My apologies again. These are double points to supply a minimum of 32
amps
to each point. That's 16 amp hook ups like you said, Andy. Further
reading
of the proposal says at the end "To allow the supply of services to
touring
campers and caravan users."

My worries are over. Forget the poser that was set earlier. :-) LOL

14 pages of wording that say one thing and mean another. Cheezo!!!

Its not a poser, it is not a d-i-y job, it is a job for an electrical
contractor. The wiring matters article is probably no longer relevant
because caravan parks were changed in the 17th edition. You need to get
someone in to do this work for you because caravan parks can drive an awful
lot of power.

Regards

Steve Dawson
(currently working on caravan park upgrades!)