Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Connection to cable constantly lost

clipped

If you are losing your cable connection at the same time, it can't be
your LinkSys router can it? Your cable TV doesn't go through the
LinkSys does it? If that's correct, then tell the cable to change
their router whether it passes their tests or not.

I don't know anything about the system being discussed, but wonder about
the cable company.
I have dial-up internet and satellite TV. Of course, the satellite
signal disappears whenever a
storm blows through. When at my daughter's home, I use their cable TV
and internet, which has fairly frequent drops of internet connection and
unavailability (this
was on comcast). The cable company probably sends/receives everything
by satellite,
right? A friend of mine, when her cable TV service was iffy, called the
cable TV folks
and they could communicate with her cable box. Have you called cable
folks when the
stuff is not working?

One other thought, and this is recollection of something I read long,
long ago.......when
I owned my first UPS, it said that it should not be plugged into a
plug-in strip with surge
protection. Any such warning with yours that might apply to the
whole-house surge
protection?