Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default plastic plumbing vs copper - a moan.

coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 16 Nov,
Tim S wrote:

The two things that worry me about plastic a

1) Will the push-fit grippers give way and blow the joint apart (same
with copper push fit)? My static mains pressure is 7.5 bar (fairly high).

2) How long do those O-rings actually last? I pondered this also after I
unclipped the cooker's from the gas bayonet open the other day...

You're not the only one to ponder that. However, you can use compression
fittings on plastic. Don't forget the sleeves though.

Interesting - I'd feel happier with that. Is that the method used to join
MDPE (have to extend a bit of the main)?

Cheers

Tim