Posted to uk.d-i-y
neverwas[_3_] neverwas[_3_] is offline

Default Colour flagging of wires

John Rumm wrote:
Tim S wrote:

This precise question came up on the EAL course I attended a few
weeks back. The answer according to our instructor was:

New colour cables should be flagged in new colours;

Old colour cables should be flagged according to old colours, even
if the flagging is done post-harmonisation.

Jolly good. It is what made sense to me, and is what I do, but it did
occur to me that there might be alternative options.

Does not make total sense to me - because I have been using brown and
blue sleeving when making good cable in old colours :-((

Is this likely to be more a matter of good practice (attracting at most
a code 4) rather than a breach of a specific reg? I ask in part because
it seems to me a bit odd to expect everyone working in the field to
carry red sleeving for years to come - perhaps 30+ years.

--
Robin