Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Speaker overload (tweeter) protection using bulbs (repost)

liquidator wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in message

liquidator wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
liquidator wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

But no speaker is designed to handle DC for long - which is what you
can get from a grossly overloaded amp. To be certain that DC couldn't
wreck the speakers would require a *much* smaller amp than would
otherwise make sense. Or, of course, use an amp which can't pass DC.

Jeez...a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Suggest you try driving a DC coupled amp into heavy clipping and see the
results to speakers which can nominally handle its output.

You would have flunked electronics 101.

Clipping and DC are not the same thing. That argument was selltled years
ago- only those with minimal knowledge advance it today.

BTW have driben amps to clipping on the bench hundreds of times in the

last

40+ years.

Your problem is you are trying to talk down to somebody who knows a lot

more

than you.

Go learn enough to argue then come back..

Any one have some hip boots ? my normal boots aren't tall enough!

Jeez- another idiot to killfiter- where are you pointing out what I said was
wrong?

No where- simply because you don't know enough.

Boy!, you're way out of your league..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"