Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MP MP is offline

Default GE 26920 Cordless Phone - Battery Does not charge

On Nov 15, 8:27*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Which was exactly my point. (I should have said "connection" rather than
"contact", but...)

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message

Depends on if the measured voltage at the battery charging terminals was
while the phone was on the charging cradle or not. *Also, if the phone was
indeed on the cradle at the time, then I'd suspect the circuit inside the
phone itself may be open circuit due to a number of possible causes.
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
If there is voltage at the charging terminals, but the battery doesn't
charge, does that not suggest the battery is not making contact?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your response. Here are my inputs

1. The handset is not kept on the base cradle. I have physically
wired them so that the contact issue is ruled out.

2. I am sure there is no issue with the contacts/connection with
battery and the terminal connector on the PCB. Also if you note my
description above, I have actually measured the current flowing into
the battery and it oscillates between 0mA and 4mA. This shows there
is no connection issue. Moreover, there is 22mA flowing through the
zener all the times. In this situation, I am wondering if there
would be any significant current flowing into the battery when the
zener is conducting. Would the zener be not the least resistance
path to the current instead of the battery directly in parallel ?
Typically, as per design, should the zener be always be conducting
across the battery ?

3. I am trying to find out the details of the SMD M6. Any clues ?

Its been more than a week and this instrument is still not fixed.....