Mike in Mystic

Default Why wood prices are going up

comparing those two spending figures is ridiculous. Different situations
entirely. Clinton was lucky enough to be President during a boom in the
economy (which he had absolutely nothing to do with) and Bush is fighting
wars all over the world. I'll grant you that even as a staunch Republican
I'm a little tired of paying for freedom in far off lands, but you can't
blame spending increases like that solely on the President. After 9/11 you
can't have expected us to sit by and reduce spending.

And as far as my grandchildren being ****ed at me for leaving them debt,
that's the least of my worries. I honestly wonder if we'll make it through
the baby boomers retiring. When the average age of the largest demographic
group becomes older than retirement age, issues become ridiculously skewed.
Old sick people seem to think they deserve medicine for free. They think
everyone is out to get them and that everything costs too much. At least
they'll vacate a lot of the workforce and we shouldn't have a job shortage.
Well, as long as NAFTA get's revoked vbeg hehe.

These arguments are hilarious, neither of us can escape our ultimate doom at
the hands of self-serving political machines. At least we have wood and
tools and hopefully some time to use them to good effect.

Mike

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
On 19-Sep-2003, "Mike in Mystic" wrote:

In general, I agree with most of the Republican platform - smaller
government, stronger military, lower taxes. I felt like puking my guts

up
when Clinton downsized military bases and ballooned social programs.

But,

Interesting _fact_. In the first three years in office, Clinton increased

govt
spending by 3.5%. In the first three years of Bush jr's term, he

increased
spending by 13.5%.

Start puking.

Mike
PS - your grandchildren will be spitting on your grave when they see the
govt debts they've inherited. Debt-based government is the most immoral
form of theft and fraud. I thas been a fact of life in all western

countries,
and all political parties (left, right or centre) for the last 35 years or

so.
Tax cuts? yeah, right...