Posted to uk.d-i-y
BruceB BruceB is offline

Default Colour flagging of wires

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
BruceB wrote:

I suggest sleeving wires in light switches is a complete and utter waste
of time. I do it because I know what the rules say. But it tells
someone who knows little about electricity nothing and it tells someone
who does know something about alectricity nothing that was not staring
them in the face anyway.

Its not in the switch where it matters particularly, but in the ceiling
rose. Just think of how many times you have read here posts that start out
something like: "I took down the old light and now I have all these wires
and I don't know what to do with them"

Accepted! Although it only helps with one cable out of perhaps 3 or 4 at a
rose.