GeeDubb

Default Why wood prices are going up

"Mike in Mystic"
In general, I agree with most of the Republican platform - smaller
government, stronger military, lower taxes. I felt like puking my guts up
when Clinton downsized military bases and ballooned social programs. But,
thankfully, we live in a free country where differing opinions are

welcome.
My Dad and I are the only Republicans in my family (that makes us 2 vs.
about 40, counting aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, etc.), so I learned
long ago that trying to convince a Republican of the virtues of being a
Democrat and vice versa is an exercise in futility.

Mike

The only problem with the Bush administration is that the smaller government
has grown from nearly 4 million to well over 12 million people. Where has
the Republican smaller government gone to? I realize that "smaller
government" means more about less regulation but this is a lame way to
decrease the unemployment figures. And the lower taxes will soon rise due
to the rebuilding of Iraq (though somehow the Democrats will be blamed).

I personally loathe all politicians but I'm a disgruntled Republican at the
moment. I'm still trying to figure out why our schools have cut out music
programs, shop, teaching for advanced students, have three administrators
for every one teacher, etc., and still want more money. Seems that 89
billion would help more here in the states instead of rebuilding a country
that is supposed to have trillions of dollars in oil reserves.........

Gary