Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plastic plumbing vs copper - a moan.

In article
,
tonyjeffs wrote:
Aarrgh - need a break - I'm plumbing a new kitchen.

Lots of people say how good the plastic pipe is, and it is used on a
lot of newbuild, so I thought I'd try it.
But I hate it. It curls up on itself, you can't put a bend in it,
the joints are huge, and because it is flexable I find I measure it
inaccurately.
So I'm going to bin it and buy some 15mm copper.

What do other people think?

I agree. Learning the fairly easy skills to use copper gives a much more
satisfactory job. Plastic is ideal for those who don't have to live with
it afterwards and are only making a quick buck.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.