Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Colour flagging of wires

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Now traditionally one would flag the black wire with red, or these days
the blue with brown. It just occurred to me that now the new colours are
mandatory, what is the correct procedure in a mixed colour installation?
Should one still flag black wires with red, or should one now use brown?
Appendix 7 of BS7671 does not seem to give an answer.

I'd say you use the colour appropriate to the wiring colour. Although just
why you'd use the old wiring in a new installation using the new colours
mainly I'm not sure.

--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.