Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Colour flagging of wires

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
John Rumm wrote:
One of my pet hates is lighting positions (or any other place where
wires are used in non obvious ways that differ from their colouring)
where the original installer obviously could not be arsed to flag the
wires with coloured tape or sleeving when required (e.g. the wire
carrying switched live from the switch). So when changing a fitting or
lamp etc I will normally correct this as a matter of routine.

You would be amazed at how many times I change light fittings where the
switch live isnt marked, prolly 90%.

I find it on the wrong wires often enough that it's worse than
useless, and it's thus much better/safer not to be there at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel