Posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
Info[_2_] Info[_2_] is offline

Default ****t

wrote in message
On Nov 15, 4:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

In your case, if you lived in a community property state, you are not
required to sign any contract for it to be valid. In those states,
marriage
is presumed to be a partnership and any obligation entered into by one
spouse is equally binding on the other.

Yikes! That's just insane! Why does anyone ever get married in those
states? Co-mingling finances is a recipe for disaster. Glad I live in
NY. The funny part about the collection agencies is that they just
couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that my ex and I never had
the same last name and that I never had any cards or charging
privileges on any of his accounts, and vice versa. So just exactly why
would they expect me to pay his debts? I certainly never expected him
to pay mine.

----
My grandfather, father, and I have the same first name, middle initial and
last name. The middle names are different. I've used my middle name since
the dawn of time. My grandfather started a business in the 20s, "First
Name, middle initial, last name, Inc." The company dissolved in '90. Two
collection agencies have contacted me over the past 15 years asserting that
I owed the State of New York taxes for the company. I set them straight.
Heck, the Social Security Administration has my name listed as "Middle name,
first initial, last name." It's an unusual middle name, but a darn good
one, and it screws the world up.