Posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
[email protected] tmclone@searchmachine.com is offline

Default ****t

On Nov 15, 4:56*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

In your case, if you lived in a community property state, you are not
required to sign any contract for it to be valid. In those states, marriage
is presumed to be a partnership and any obligation entered into by one
spouse is equally binding on the other.

Yikes! That's just insane! Why does anyone ever get married in those
states? Co-mingling finances is a recipe for disaster. Glad I live in
NY. The funny part about the collection agencies is that they just
couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that my ex and I never had
the same last name and that I never had any cards or charging
privileges on any of his accounts, and vice versa. So just exactly why
would they expect me to pay his debts? I certainly never expected him
to pay mine.