David Hall

Default Why wood prices are going up

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message
LOTS OF SNIPPAGE
But I'm not exactly sure how a windfall profits tax could have done so much
damage: it taxed only excess profits.

SNIP SOME MORE
Charlie Self

What exactly are "excess profits". More than you get? More than you
think someone should get? 1%, 10%, 500%, 5000% ??? If you sell an
article or book, how do we determine how much of your profits are
"excess" so we can take them all?

Collusion and price fixing are criminal acts and should be prosecuted.
However, like any crime, you should be able to prove it and not punish
someone simply because you are envious or because you covet something
they have and don't want to pay their asking price.

Dave Hall