Leon

Default Why wood prices are going up

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
In rec.woodworking
otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

It is probable that we need to return to the early '70s and the windfall

profit
tax laws. A lot of this price gouging would disappear if there were no

extra
profits made.

Sure, let's kill the industry again. I lived through that ill conceived
idea, right her in Texas buddy. It put hundreds of thousands on the
streets and killed the city of Houston for a decade. Screw that.

While some may have been out of jobs in Houston, I recall Houston in the 70
as being a boom town with it being hard to hold on to good help by 1974. It
very easy to find a job in the 70's in Houston. At least every one I knew
that was looking for a job including engineers were tossing coins to decide
which company to go with.