Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Stain after polyurethane removed

jacy wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:30:19 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

On the other hand, I just grounded my 17-year-old son for a month and

Wow! That's a serious sentence where I come from......imposed it once,
with NO COMPLAINTS

from the guilty party.

Ditto. I think he actually was relieved it was ONLY a month -- which
gave me pause -- but Mother Nature's punishment (a nasty hangover) was
infinitely worse at that moment. Can't tell you how much i wanted to
make him drink a beer for breakfast. evil grin

Ohhhhhh........scariest issue for me as a parent (and a nurse). I told
my kids repeatedly
(every week? ) that I would go anywhere, at any time, no matter what,
to keep them
from having to ride home with someone under the influence (especially a
drunk teen).
Keep talking, and expect him to want to drink a little, esp. if headed
to college. Local
PD probably has lots of photos to show if DUI's are in the picture.

Sand interiors? Only if they are glossy.........be sure to let paint
CURE before filling cupboards.

I did use high gloss first time around. Going to dial that down a
notch this time. Maybe that liquid sanding stuff will impart just

Liquid sander I have tried is very potent, flammable fumes. A quick
pass with a small electric
sander should do the trick, as long as paint isn't chipping or peeling.
How pretty do you want
the inside of the cabinets? )

enough tackiiess to do the trick. There's contact paper on the bottom
and shelves so I can restock fairly quickly. I abhor sanding, too.

~jacy